Search This Blog

Should an 8 yr old special needs child have detention for saying they will shoot another child?

Amazon

Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year - New Knowledge


It's a new year.......what is your goal going to be?? Become a better advocate, become more involved in a cause that is important to you??? That is my goal, not quite a resolution....I believe I am only fooling myself with a resolution....it would be easier for me to break...LOL.

As part of my goal, I will be helping you become a better advocate for your child, a friend's child or simply a special someone who has entered your life. 

So your first step is to help me - help you:)  Ask me anything,  let's call it a Dear G. letter.....

"Dear G.,

I NEED HELP.....
I NEED TO RANT ....
PLEASE HELP MY....
WHERE CAN I BUY....
WHO DO I CALL FOR......"

Call me a people-pleaser.... I want my readers to share their special moments, sad times, frustrations, you name it.......if you are part of the life of a special child,  you know what I mean.

                       

The following video is about Jenny McCarthy and her autistic son.......tell me... do you believe that she has "cured" him.  Is it really possible for a child to no longer be autistic?





The start of the new year is always a good time to see what changes have been made in legislation and the guide to the left is a great resource to help you do just that. I would like to open up a discussion about your experiences positive or negative about obtaining services for your child through insurance. In the future, I will begin a session about obtaining services through early intervention and the school district.    


Let's begin our discussion TODAY! Part of the reason I am focusing on insurance and funding is that many children are denied coverage by the state for the early intervention plan program. However, as a parent, you may know that your child needs help, even if they are not classified as having autism. Your pediatrician may agree and provide you with a prescription for services, but your insurance refuses to cover it.
This is the essence of the core issue.
With this understanding, I hope to hear from more of you on this very hot topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment